I got a bit rage filled today at the following post on Twitter and it’s worth thinking a little more about why I had such a strong reaction to it. Apart from the fact that I am deeply offended by the idea that a fridge can run my life better than I can, there was something more…
— Gartner (@Gartner_inc) July 14, 2017
I think it goes something like this:
- When 80 people can burn to death in social housing the one of the wealthiest local authorities in the country.
- When 2000+ foodbanks are now operating in the UK to counter the daily reality of austerity politics.
- When 2357 immigrants have died in the Mediterranean between January and July 2017.
- When 45% of deaths of children under 5 are from malnutrition.
- When at least 2 billion people have no choice but to drink from contaminated water sources.
Then this kind of nonsense is not anywhere close to the kinds of solutions our world needs.
(Photo by Nicolas Barbier Garreau on Unsplash)