- Talk about Digital Transformation APIs project; review roadmap with John, talked about comms, skills building, support. Some work to be done to tie into overall information architecture standards. Also reviewed change process and agreed how we handle situations where an existing inter-operability standard exists.
- Chat to Jen about AI agents and where they fit in our respective projects. Agreed to bring together some contacts and research we both have.
- Circulated paper on learning analytics and proposal for using to support feedback. Needs more follow up to support integration with our learning design process, and ensuring it’s properly evaluated.
- Scoping stakeholders for Lecture Recording evaluation activities. Who needs to be in the loop – are they contributing to, or actioning outputs? How do we ensure the research and evaluation we are funding is disseminated and finds it’s way back into practice. Following up our chat with a meeting with the Director of our Institute for Academic Development.
- Quick catch up with Muriel about CMVM projects in the learning and teaching space.
- Planning meeting with Ewan and others for our Women in Medicine editathon for Festival of Creative Learning week next February. We need to expand our list of biographies that need writing. Identified the BMJ Obituaries section as a source of more info.
- Normal Tuesday management meeting, plus a good catch up with Colan on Web
- Governance as I’m going to miss the last workshop on Wednesday.
- Quick update with Stephen on tech plans including learning analytics paper for the board next week and how we gather requirements for other areas of activity.
- All LTW staff meeting in the PM. Long list of stuff we’ve achieved in the last 6 months – very impressive! Also hands-on activities. Charley had us helping to crowd-source ideas for her playful learning strategy and Ewan led a session on Wikipedia Games to introduce the division to the work he does.
- Went to that there London to do a talk at the London School of Economics with Yi-Shan Tsai on Research-Informed Institutional Analytics. We covered an intro to learning analytics, the activities and research of the Sheila project and Edinburgh’s institutional activities (and I hope it was clear that we have learned from much of the research).
- Playing catch-up after Wednesday, plus a meeting with Jimmy A from Edina about his multimedia text generator innovation project. Decided on a do-able scope for the project.
- Christmas lunch and socialising.
- On leave!