- Submit proposal to OER18 based on Open to All blog post.
- Talk to colleagues about a Festival of Creative Learning Week vox-pop session.
- Discuss API access to our media servers for search indexing videos as part of a new University search engine project. Can we have a Creative Commons filter on the search please? Need data protocol permission forms filled out.
- Review the beginnings of a video and graphic design style guide for new online content.
- Review Web Governance vision and objectives with Colan ahead of workshop later in the week.
- Discuss whether we should extent the coaching / feedback report we built for QMP into something that all users can have access to. Following up with potential users and guage interest.
- Meet with project team for Notifications project – API access to Learn for Announcements data and permission to use data protocol to be taken forward.
- Go to IAD and review PTAS applications as part of the adjudication panel. 2 lecture recording related projects approved.
- Meet with colleagues on Service Excellence projects to share experiences of procurement processes, and some ideas around building buy-in for their direction of travel.
- Catch up with the team on their impressions of the Wiseflow product demo on Tuesday PM.
- Web Governance workshops with Colan et al. Really starting to pull things together. Can see where DOOO and blogging fit within the bigger digital strategy. This is good stuff and we are getting quite excited about it. We talked a lot in my group about content design and development; the extent to which content needs to be highly design in some areas of our web estate, and the extent to which a wide variety of user generated content might be curated in other areas.
- Met with the Surgical Sciences teams to check progress and plans on their VLE migration projects. Everyone is really very positive about the opportunities they see in coming off their bespoke platforms.
- Implementation Steering Group for Lecture Recording Programme. Signed off briefs and scope of this stage; update on comms plan; update on rooms for the next phase from Euan. Still a lot to do and aspects like timetabling integration will be technically challenging.
- Marc was at Sheffield Echo360 User Group – learning all about their opt-in project and timetabling integration.
- Met Chris Cheong from RMIT for an overview of his learning analytics work. Described the Task, Test, Monitor system and how it supports student self-reflection. Some really interesting observations from this project. In terms of how students use TTM – starts as a testing system, but flips into being a diagnostic system around mid-semester as assessments kick in.
- Whole afternoon workshop with Shane and Aaron from Pebble Learning, looking at what we want from ATLAS assessment tools for the future.
- Working on paper for DLAS and learning analytics recommendations.
- Met with Ewan to plan Wikipedia Games session at our all staff meeting, plus potential visit to Stockholm and visit from Alice to support Festival of Creative Learning week events in February next year.
- Agreed next lecture recording programme newsletter with Lorraine. Strong focus on training to support Semester 2 prep.
- Off to Moray House to work with Yi-Shan on finalising our presentation at LSE next week.